Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Spring Break!!
Right now we are down in Phoenix. We decided for spring break this week that we would get a couple of nights in a hotel in Phoenix, let the kids go swimming, go to the Phoenix Zoo, go to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple, do a little shopping (very little if my family has any say) and visit my Grandma Hatch out in Apache Junction. We are all very excited to get away, especially Mike who has feeling the stress lately.
I am sitting in the dark in our hotel room typing away. Mike is getting some groceries and the kids are trying to go to sleep. I thought this was a perfect time to catch up on my blog, seeing how I have been absent from posting for a couple of weeks. I actually have pictures and stuff to post, just not really the time to do so untill now, well atleast untill Mike gets back.
My friend, Jo Lynn Backkus had a baby on Monday so today we had her girls come and play for about five hours. My kids love Maddie, Saddie and Shacee. Carter especially loves Shacee and always tells us how she is his best girl or buddy.
We also have had my niece, Ashlyn (8) since Sunday. The kids have loved hanging with her. Ash and Kaylee have been bike riding gals! Kaylee was so sore yesterday from all of there rides. It is good for them to get out and feel like they have some independance. It still scares me a little bit, so I have her constantly check in.
My sister, Lena, and her son, Dalton, came today and picked up Ashlyn. They stayed for quite a while. We had fun hanging out together. Lena and I Karaokeed it up!!! We sang Cyndy Lauper's "Girls just want to have fun" and Whitney Houston's "say you want to dance". The kids were laughing so hard. I had a blast. Mike got a game for his Playstation which is called "Singstar pop". It is fun. I have some good pictures of Mike and Kaylee and yes... even me... going to town! Olivia was singing a song. After you sing there is a playback option. We played it back and said that it couldn't be her singing becuase... "she sounds so much better than that." I had to laugh. The playback option is definitly not for the faint of heart! It sounds a little (lot) scarey!
I am sitting in the dark in our hotel room typing away. Mike is getting some groceries and the kids are trying to go to sleep. I thought this was a perfect time to catch up on my blog, seeing how I have been absent from posting for a couple of weeks. I actually have pictures and stuff to post, just not really the time to do so untill now, well atleast untill Mike gets back.
My friend, Jo Lynn Backkus had a baby on Monday so today we had her girls come and play for about five hours. My kids love Maddie, Saddie and Shacee. Carter especially loves Shacee and always tells us how she is his best girl or buddy.
We also have had my niece, Ashlyn (8) since Sunday. The kids have loved hanging with her. Ash and Kaylee have been bike riding gals! Kaylee was so sore yesterday from all of there rides. It is good for them to get out and feel like they have some independance. It still scares me a little bit, so I have her constantly check in.
My sister, Lena, and her son, Dalton, came today and picked up Ashlyn. They stayed for quite a while. We had fun hanging out together. Lena and I Karaokeed it up!!! We sang Cyndy Lauper's "Girls just want to have fun" and Whitney Houston's "say you want to dance". The kids were laughing so hard. I had a blast. Mike got a game for his Playstation which is called "Singstar pop". It is fun. I have some good pictures of Mike and Kaylee and yes... even me... going to town! Olivia was singing a song. After you sing there is a playback option. We played it back and said that it couldn't be her singing becuase... "she sounds so much better than that." I had to laugh. The playback option is definitly not for the faint of heart! It sounds a little (lot) scarey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Ha ha ha Can I come over and sing it!!!!? Good fro you for getting away-ha ha ha ha ha My voice sounds better than that! Congrats Jolyn (what did she name her?) I love their cool names! Have missed your posts!Can't wait for my kiddos to be a littel older so I can sit int he same room as them and have them maybe fall asleep, as opposed to screaming for hours before I pick them up!
Post a Comment