Yeah! The Zoo! We decided to end our Spring Break with a trip to the Phoenix Zoo. It was hot, but the kids were good and the whining was very limited. (Thank goodness). We saw lots of fun animals. The kids favorite was the baby orangatan. The most exciting thing that happened at the zoo was almost stepping on a 4ft long LIVE SNAKE!!! We were just walking down the path talking and I looked over to the girls and they were just inches away from stepping on a snake. We think it was a goffer snake. Atleast that is what the picture on the signed looked like in the snake exhibit. Strangly enough, no one could find the goffer snake in his habitat area. Coincidence? I think NOT!! Atleast we got to see him up close and personal! I wish I would have gotten a picture of it. Kaylee freaked out and screamed higher than I have ever heard.

The big turtle. Doesn't Livy look thrilled. :) She is the on that got the hottest.

Livy's hair is slicked back from pouring water on her to cool her off. It was a warm day, but really it is only March! But she loved the water.

Carter had alot of fun. We got him a stroller and he would hop out at each exhibit and then hop in again. The funniest/ saddest thing that happened to Carter was that he had never worn his undies when it was hot. We didn't put his cotton ones on, just a pull up, just in case. He was freaking out and wanted to change because he was sweaty. Poor kid.

Kaylee had a good time- except for the snake! She started dragging just before that happened, but that woke her right up!
2 comments:
Looks so fun, but HOT! You gotta love the Valley. We wish we could have gone...
wow--that snake incident is scary! I definitely would've screamed too!
Post a Comment