CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day


Mike and I volunteered to hold signs today to help encourage people to vote yes on prop 102. This proposition is to help protect the union of marriage between a man and a women. We had a good time. We had a competition to see how many people we can get to wave. For the most part, we had waves and thumbs up. We only had a few negative people drive by. The worst was an Obama sign-holding lady that stood beside us. She starting going off on how we were wrong and how she just knew we were McCain supporters. Good thing Mike was there. He was very calm and sounded so smart as he told her what the law was. You go Mikey!

4 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

It was so fun to see you guys out there! Those ladies actually harassed me for a while & kept driving by giving me thumbs down before they went home and made their own sign to stand out there. =) She tried to bash with me too, but I told her I wasn't interested. Wasn't it a blast? I loved it!

allison said...

i saw you guy out there. you represented us well! don't ya love having the inside scoop on the law? i never realized how far reaching the effects are until j and law school came along... if more people knew... i guess there is a reason they talk about judges so much in the b of m!

Jacqui said...

Good for you guys. Ali and Jared did the same thing in California, but got a much bigger response. Lots of positive, but crazy negative, too. Thank goodness Prop 8 passed!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Wish I had a Mikey to help me out!