We had our Odyssey of the Mind Tournament this weekend. It was held up in Flagstaff on the NAU campus. The problem that the kids pick this year was called "Shockwaves". They had to build a structure out of balsa wood and glue that could hold weight during shockwaves. They also had to do a skit during the testing process which integrated the structure.
Our kids did AWESOME and won 1st PLACE at Regionals. Our structure held 65 lbs. The state competition is going to be held in Phoenix on the first weekend in April.
Here is our team. (Left to Right) Jonathon, Kade, Logan, Brenna, Eileen and Kaylee.
This is our structure. It couldn't weigh more than 18 grams. Ours was about 17.4 grams. Unfortunatly, right before weigh in, I broke the part of the structure. I was trying to take a picture of it and I dropped my camera. I felt HORRIBLE! The kids were actually pretty understanding. I was pleased that it even held weight at all.



0 comments:
Post a Comment