
This Saturday we went with the Shultz family and hiked up Boyton Canyon. It is up in Sedona. it was about a 3.6 mile round trip. It was beautiful!

Here is the whole group (except me of course:))
Stephanie, Jason, Mike, Elizabeth, Livy, Stephanie
Carter and Kaylee. This was taken within the first .5 mile of our trip.

We hiked up to a Canyon untill we reached these Indian ruins.
You can barely see them. They are right about the green brush, in the very center of the picture

Here they are close up. There was a little, hidden trail up to them. it was about .25 miles of pretty steep terrain. Kaylee had no problem, Livy need an occassional hand and, welp, we just carried Carter up on mine and Mike's back.

This is Stephanie and Jason. They were our tour guides for the day. We had a very fun time with them!
Yeah, we made it to the top, sugared up, rested then headed back down.

We decided that if we lived here, this would be our play room. It was the furthest from the edge and had walls.

We finally reached the ruins. They were beautiful! The kids loved them. I just couldn't imagine raising a family up there. The sides were pretty steep. I think the Gordon's would have died out early on from some serious fatalities. We had to keep telling the kids to stay away from the side of the CANYON!

The kids found a little piece of corn, it is right behind the rock. It was only a few hundred years old. It was very cool and a neat learning experience for the kids.

Carter loved running around up top. I did not love it so much.

I love tongues. Livy's is not usually that red. That was the doing of a fruit roll up, but it is a pretty color.

This was one of our rests on the way back.
Elizabeth, Stephanie, Liv & Carter.

Carter had the best time on the way out. Good thing he has such a great Dad! On the hike back Mike asked Carter if he was ready to walk. Carter said, " I sky walking" and starting air walking (kicking his legs) while Mike was holding him. I had to laugh.



7 comments:
looks like a fun day!!
Looks fun - we'd love to go with you if you go again!
WOW! That looks like a beautiful hike with a wonderful end. Your family looks sooooo happy, what fun!
You take GORGEOUS pics as always! I would've been FREAKING out with my kids up there. What a cool hike!
That looks so much fun! We'll have to try it out some weekend. I didn't know that was there.
I need to take a professional photographer with me when I go hiking in Sedona next time-LOOKS like GREAT fun!
Hey Janae, its your cousin April. I love your Blog!! I need you to email me.....
wildsmithberries@hotmail.com
Post a Comment