
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Our only pets

Because I refuse to get dogs or cats, we got Kaylee a bird when she was 6. His name is Birdy. Before that we had a fish named rainbow, but he eventually went belly side up. Olivia got her bird for Christmas of 2006. She affectionaly named her Mary. The kids love holding them, all except for Carter, who has been terrified of them since the time one of the birds flew and attached himself on Carter's back. He wigged!!! He hasn't wanted anything to do with the birds since.
That is why I was so surprised at this. Carter (4) finally said he wanted to hold the birds. So Livy obliged and haned Mary over.
Yeah! This is his "I did it!" picture!!
Livy loves her bird Mary. For the longest time she would only hold Mary if she were on a hanger because she didn't like the feeling of her claws. But just this summer, Olivia learned to hold her on her hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I love that you named the bird, "Birdy." That is very Gordon. It goes right along with Miss Kitty and Bah :).
Carter looks so thrilled with himself for holding the bird--so cute!
That is the cutest picture of Carter! Love your birds and their creative cover!
Post a Comment