CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

HAPPY 12TH ANNIVERSARY!!



Time flies! I can't believe we have been married for 12 years! I can honestly say that it has been the best 12 years of my life. I am still in love with Mike and I still smile whenever I think about him. He gives me warm fuzzies and cool tinglies when I am with him. When we were dating, we were attending NAU. We would meet inbetween classes and everytime we saw eachother (which stated from about 40 yards away) we both couldn't stop smiling at one another. I know we looked so lame, but I just couldn't help it! I love being married to Mike!



Just some of the reasons I am IN LOVE with Mike:

1. He is Honest. (He isn't a good lier either. His nostrils flare and then he smiles:) Just one of the things I have picked up being married to him for 12 years.)

2. He is sincere.

3. He is SO darn funny! When we were dating I would tell my roommates how funny he was. They wanted me to tell them what he said. It wasn't anything inparticular, it was just EVERYTHING he said and the way he said it.

4. He is a great father. He loves our kids and enjoys spending time with them.

5. He is sensitive. He will watch musicals and love stories with me. He says it is for my benefit, even though I know he really likes them:)

6. He is loyal.

7. He upholds his priesthood.

8. He loves to relax. His "Happy Spot" is laying on our bed reading, sleeping or just plain cuddling.

9. He is SO smart! His favorite game is trivial pursuit and he always lets me be on his team so we can win, even though I don't help much:)

10. He puts his family first.

11. He chills me out. Whenever I am stressed or freaking out, he always hears me out and lets me say whatever is on my mind. He usually has to say only a few things and he, luckily for everyone, settles me down.

11. He thinks I am funny.

12. He loves me for me.


I love you Hottie!! You are one of the biggest blessings in my life! Thanks for loving me!


This is a quick rundown on our last 12 years. Atleast as well as I can remember.

January 1996- Saw Mike walking down the hall of the institute on the NAU campus for the first time. I turned to my best friend, Michelle Reber (Bueler), and said, "That guy is a hottie! I,m going to marry him."

January 23rd- Our first date. We went to a George Winston Concert. He is an amazing piano player. Love was in the air! Who knew that would be the beginning of at all! I know about 3-other couples whose first date was to go see George Winston. I don't think it is coincedence:)

February 9 1996- Mike's birthday and our First KISS! I will never forget it. He walked me to my door and said, "Since it is my birthday, can I have a birthday HUG?". So I gave him a hug and then he said, "Well, can I have a birthday KISS?" What was I suppose to do? It was his birthday after all...and he was HOT!

April 1996- We got engaged! He took me hiking in Sedona to the cliffs and we swam. He asked me to hand him a granola bar and silly me said, "Get on yourself, the box is right there". They he asked me again so I reached in the box and there was a little box inside (the toy surprise:) ). When I opened it he asked me if I would marry him.

July 27 1996- We were married in the Mesa Arizona Temple. We moved into a little 2 bedroom in Flagstaff that was in the barrio. Mike worked at RPS as a package handler and I worked at Mike & Ronda's Restaurant and Sizzler.

August 1997- Found out we were expecting Kaylee.

May 11,1998- Kaylee was born. 8lbs. 2 oz. 21 inches. She was perfect! We are no longer a couple. We are a family!

December 1998- Mike graduated with his BA in English from NAU.

January 1999-I started my student teaching while Mike worked for RPS in the evenings.

May 1999- graduated with a degree in elementary education from NAU.

August 1999- Moved up to Orem, Utah so Mike could attend BYU Lawschool.

July 29th 1999-Mike almost died! This was the scariest moment of our marriage. His appendix had burst 3 weeks earlier. He wouldn't go see a doctor because he didn't want to miss any work because he didn't think the firm would hire him if he did. Mike had to have an emergency Appendectomy. He was in the hospital for about 5 days and then went home.

August 1999-Mike receives an offer of employment from AWD. In large part due to the appendectomy and his level of sacrafice.

December 2001-Found out that we were expecting Olivia. What a miracle!

July 2002- Moved back to Arizona. Moved in with my brother and his wife, Lance and Sharon, while Mike studied for the bar exam. It was the hottest summer of my life! 9 months pregnant and HOT!

Ausust 2002- Mike sat for the Arizona state bar. He said that he thought he passed, but he wouldn't ever take it again if he didn't. But I knew he passed all along!

August 2002-Moved back up to Flagstaff and Mike worked at the Law Firm of Aspey, Watkins and Diesel.

September 13, 2002- Olivia was born on Friday the 13th. 7lbs. 10oz. 20 inches. She was beautiful! A true miracle! We were finally a family of 4.

December 2002- Broke ground on our 1st home.

June 2003- Our first family vacation to Disneyland and Seaworld. Livy was 9 mo. old and learned how to clap. We had such a wonderful time!

June 7,2003- Our home is completed! We can move in! How perfect- it is my birthday!

August 2003- Find out that we are expecting Carter. I LOVE surprises! It was one of the best ones I ever got!

May 11, 2004- Our sweet Carter is born! 8lbs. 4 oz. 21 inches. And then there were 5!

January 2005-Biggest decision of our life! This was a VERY stressful time in our marriage. We decided to move open a law firm with David and Nicole.

February 2005- Sold our cute, little home. What a blessing! It was on the market for only a couple of weeks when a older lady came and offered to more than our asking price and cash! We knew that we were supposed to be down in Cottonwood.

March 2005- Bought our house on Laree Ave. in Clarkdale.

April 2005-Mike quite his job at AWD. Whoa! That was a huge day of stress!

May 2005- Moved down to Cottonwood and opened Gordon & Gordon, PLLC.

April 2007- Got into a head on collision on Easter Sunday. A very terrifying experience! It helped us bring our lives into perspective and we grew closer because of it.

2008-I am finally feeling stable and settled! That is a huge thing for us!

Those are the biggest highlights over the past 12 years. I have loved every minute of it! Here is to another 50! I know I will enjoy them as much or more as I have these past 12! Life is great!







2 comments:

niki said...

Congratulations you guys are soo awesome!!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Honestly-I love your realtionship allot of familiarity BUT w/ a Janae Hottie twist. I LOVE IT!! Congrats!