CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Reading Marathon


Every 2-4 years or so, after discovering that I can't put a coherent sentence together, I decide to read a book. This is usually a hard decision for me because (and I know this sounds terrible) I don't want to start reading a book and not like it and feel like I have wasted my time. I also feel that I have alot of obligations that I feel guilty if I put something else off to read a book. Also, I can never do anything half way. If I am comiitted, watch out because I can't stop until I get it done.
The movie Twilight is coming out in December and all of my Young Women have raved about the Twilight series. The fourth book came out on Saturday. So on Saturday I started reading the first book in the series, Twilight. Well I finished it Saturday night at 3:00 a.m. Then Monday I started the 2nd. I finished hat Tuesday at 3:00 a.m. I finished the 3rd book on Friday and started, against Mike's wishes- because I had become obsessed, the last book on Sunday. I finished on Tuesday. I had a really fun time reading the series. I couldn't put it down. I don't even know what happened in which book because I just kept reading.
My little review:
The first two books, Bella, one of the main characters, drove me CRAZY- not very smart!! She was the hardest character for me to get into. She never asked the right quetions, the questions that any normal person would if you were getting involved with a vampire. As the series progressed I enjoyed the books more and more. But all in all, I have to say it was an enjoyable series. I definitly would have felt more comfortable if the characters started in college, (Yikes, sounding like my mom),but it was very addicting after a while. Not a classic, but definitly a good story and a fun read!

2 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

We are all going to the movie together-join us!!! Ummm you NEVER sleep EVER!!

PeavoyMom said...

I loved these books too. Unfortunatly I started reading before the 4th book came out, and I had to wait a couple of weeks before I finally got it, but I loved reading them too.